Physical activity is one of the most effective weapon to prevent both the tumor and the relapse,” said Pierfranco Conte, head of oncology and hematology at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia in the Congress of ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology ).
Women who practice sports, the risk of disease decreases by 20% and the effect is more evident after menopause, every hour of exercise per week reduces the risk taken by 6%. In terms of women suffering from breast cancer, 3-5 hours of aerobic exercise per week reduced the risk of dying from the disease.
Sports and alternative therapies : methods to prevent Breast Cancer
All were presented to the Congress the results of a study by University of Chicago study examined the effects they have on women’s health lifestyle change and appeal to alternative therapies.
Individuals were monitored for about 45 years and had an increased risk of developing breast tumors. After learning these risks, 48% of women have decided to change their lifestyle or have turned to alternative therapies: sports, massage, yoga, chiropractic. These measures proved to be very useful in preventing cancer.
The study shows that, paradoxically, unlike women who have found that an increased risk of illness, those who have already been diagnosed, they are not willing to change their lifestyle in any way. They are resigned to the disease and have the same habits before diagnosis. Experts recommend dynamic physical activities, outdoors.
Nutrition: Another important factor in preventing cancer
Changing lifestyle and involves changes in terms of nutrition. Thus, a woman’s daily menu should contain :
- As many vegetables. Recent research highlights the benefits that their cruciferous vegetables in preventing and stopping breast cancer. One such vegetable is broccoli. Take care the way in which the vegetables are cooked. Do not boil too much, possibly steam cook them to enjoy their properties;
- More fruits. It should also be consumed in their natural state and be green. Of these it seems that apples are very good because there is a flavonoid called quercetin – very effective against breast cancer. Pomegranates also contain polyphenols – substances that prevent mammary tumors;
- Soy, but only if the doctor agrees and are obtained organically, without being genetically modified.
In general, natural and healthy diet with sport are two important factors that help prevent any disease. So, avoid if possible:
- Processed foods ;
- Excessive consumption of meat;
- Fried foods;
- Confectionery products;
- Products that contain dyes and additives;
- Products with caffeine;
- Alcohol and tobacco;
- Cooking and heating food in a microwave.